Call : +86-21-58386189, 58386176

my driveway has loos stones on can i cement over them

Why Brick Pavers Fade and How to Prevent & Fix Faded ...

Jan 12, 2011· If you have had a concrete brick paver patio, driveway or walkway for a while you have probably noticed that the color is not as bold and beautiful as it use to be. The color slowly disappears as the stone and sand becomes more noticeable. There is nothing to blame but the SUN.

Tar and Chip Driveway - I Love Mine! | AsktheBuilder.com

In hot weather, the asphalt cement can flow into the crack. The loose stones work in conjunction to disguise this imperfection. As long as the right asphalt cement and the correct chip size is selected, the asphalt does not get on your shoes. We have never had a problem in my house. Tar and Chip Driveway Cost. These surfaces are inexpensive.

Mixing concrete powder into the gravel - driveway

Apr 15, 2005· For soil cement the CRUSHED gravel should have poper mix of fines to larger pieces to make it as dense as possible. Add the proper amount of cement and water and mix well by some mechanical means, smooth to grade and pack it. The mix is not a slurry and is very hard to tell from damp gravel. A seal coat over the top will also help for longevity.

What Kind Of Gravel For Driveway? | Hearth.com Forums Home

Mar 15, 2012· What Kind Of Gravel For Driveway? Posted By velvetfoot, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:28 PM. ... I am thinking about topping my driveway up with crushed stone to fill some problem areas. ... This is the third year of regular use and while I notice that the stones move a little up and down when you drive over them they haven't moved out of the hole. Also ...

Will adding concrete mix and water to my gravel driveway ...

Mar 02, 2007· If you use the wrong ratio of concrete, water, etc, it'll never hold up. It'll just break up anyway when you drive over it. To get a solid concrete pad for vehicles to drive over (regardless of stones) you need at LEAST 4 inches of concrete. Just save up $$ and get some concrete truck to do your driveway.

Adding Cement Mix to Gravel Driveway | Hunker

Laying a concrete driveway over an existing gravel one is possible, but it is not generally recommended. The kind of gravel that is intended to go under cement is typically a smaller grade than what is used for gravel driveways. However, if the gravel in your driveway is small enough, it is possible to create a cement driveway over the existing ...

landscaping - How can I keep gravel from moving out of my ...

2) If your driveway is already compacted and drains well this is my preferred solution: Crusher run or Crushed stone: this is generally limestone or dolomite that has been crushed and graded by screens to certain size classes. It is widely used in concrete and as a surfacing for roads and driveways, sometimes with tar applied over it. ...

Inexpensive way to hold my driveway gravel together ...

Inexpensive way to hold my driveway gravel together? ... I suspect you need a few 100 ton of fill to make the rise spread over a longer run, then you can put gravel, asphalt or concrete on top. ... although it sounds to me like pouring 20X10 concrete stones in two strips the width of your vehicle might be the way to go. permalink; embed;

Gravel over an existing base? - Paving Expert

Gravel over an existing base ... Placing gravel over an existing driveway or pathway may seem like a great cost-saving idea, but is it? ... I have an existing concrete/tarmac base that is looking tatty and I want to cover it with gravel - is this a good idea? There's a couple of problems in covering any existing hard surface, whether it's ...

Solid vs. Aggregate Driveway | Home Guides | SF Gate

According to Shamrock Concrete, the tops of exposed pebble and rock are approximately 1/16- to 1/8-inch above the base concrete surface of the driveway. Standard concrete can have the familiar ...

Why sealing your blacktop driveway is pointless - The ...

Aug 16, 2016· ASK THE BUILDER | Once the substance wears off, your driveway starts to look bad. You're forced into an endless cycle of coating your driveway, even though it is in excellent condition.

Unique Ways to Keep Gravel in Place on a Gravel Driveway ...

Unique Ways to Keep Gravel in Place on a Gravel Driveway ... While the gravel is loose stone, if there are three inches or so of it, then the gravel will begin to compact itself. ... Curving driveways can be more problematic, but this method can still work, provided that you have …

How to Install Pavers Over a Concrete Patio Without Mortar ...

Read this article to find out how to lay a paver patio over a concrete slab in your yard without mortar using a sand base. ... 17 Comments on "How to Install Pavers Over a Concrete Patio Without Mortar" ... (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at ...

Driveway Rock Buying Guide - braenstone.com

If you've been giving any consideration to using crushed stones in the installation of your home's driveway, take a look at this guide to choosing, installing and maintaining the materials. Advantages to Using Driveway Rock. Why would you select loose rock over a solid pavement for your driveway?

Tar and chip driveway: Answers to the most common questions

Mar 18, 2019· The process involves creating a thin asphalt foundation by pouring molten, hot tar over a gravel base. Then, layers of crushed, loose stones are compacted above it. Finally, what you get is a striking driveway, accompanied by a rough texture. Moreover, you can customize the crushed stones to match your surroundings.

Can you pour concrete over river rock? Will it hold up ...

Aug 28, 2015· Then once you have it all prepared and ready to pour. Make sure you tell the concrete company what your base is and they will make sure the mix of water to concrete is correct. If your asking how I know. When we had to have our ramps built, we used old concrete as a filler in the bottom with river rock to sand going around it all.

Mixing concrete powder into the gravel - driveway - Page 3

Apr 22, 2015· I would not remove any of the larger rocks, I would not disturb them any more than dragging, if you break up the base/foundation, your small stone will start to settle, and you may turn that section of your driveway int o a muddy mess until the settling stops. Just my opinion, this is what has happened with the red clay soil where I live.

Can I put decorative gravel over a very long concrete ...

Jul 06, 2006· Can I put decorative gravel over a very long concrete driveway? any problems I may have ? ... if it's pebbles or other "decorative gravel" is going to be in a polyurethane mixture to hold them in place, you are going to have to seal it every year to keep it from coming loose or ... I have a double Concrete Driveway! POLL: Long POLL2: Straight! ...

How to Adhere Concrete to Concrete (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Jun 07, 2019· How to Adhere Concrete to Concrete. Concrete is usually made of cement, water, gravel, and sand. This combination creates a very hard, durable surface. However, cracks and damage can occur. Fixing concrete takes a number of materials...

Top 16 Mistakes People Make When Installing Concrete ...

Here we've compiled the top 16 mistakes people make when installing concrete in hopes of helping you avoid some costly and frustrating headaches. 1. Not understanding how much concrete is really needed for a project. ... or a covering can be placed over the concrete to retain moisture. ... which can make the concrete look like stones, tiles ...

Resurfacing Concrete - Ask the Builder

DEAR MARCIA: Resurfacing concrete with an overlay over existing concrete surfaces is a fantastic way to extend the life of a driveway, sidewalk, patio or porch. Believe it or not, this is a great DIY project if you just practice first on a smaller concrete slab. Super Strong. The new surface will be durable and certainly more long lasting than the original finish if you diligently follow a few ...

Set pavers in concrete or gravel - Forum Archive | Brownstoner

Jun 13, 2009· My driveway was so large that I only did an apron of pavers where the driveway met the road since the cost to pave the entire drive was prohibitive. I had the pavers set in concrete which was a more secure and neater finish. If you decide to set the pavers in gravel/stone, ask how the contractor will prepare the sub layer.

How to Use and Install Soil-Cement - Make Your Best Home

Learn how to use this DIY-friendly process for surfacing your driveway, sidewalk, patio, or garage floor. ... Carefully scatter one bag of dry cement over the tilled surface, and then work the cement into the soil with your tiller. Smooth the Surface . ... Gravel and Loose Stone Are Economical Choices for a Driveway 10 Before and After Backyard ...

How to Install Concrete Pavers: 11 Steps (with Pictures ...

Feb 17, 2018· How to Install Concrete Pavers. Concrete pavers can be a beautiful addition to your landscape. They are incredibly strong and durable, making them the ideal solution for your driveway, walkway, patio, steps, or decorative elements around...

Putting in a loose stone/gravel driveway. Advice pls. :)

Jan 17, 2015· Good afternoon. Our driveway is a mixture of broken concrete and exposed dirt. Please see pic. We're wanting to cover it with loose stones much like the second picture. Question. Should I …

Loose Stone Driveway | DIYnot Forums

Dec 06, 2010· Hi, First post and looking for some advise, We have just purchased a victorian house so no doubt going to have lots of questions over next few weeks, My first project is going to be the drive way, Currently nothing is laid and you just approach the house driving onto grass / mud, I am intending to have a loose stone drive way and am expecting ...

Installing Patio Pavers Over Existing Concrete - YouTube

Sep 09, 2014· This project was as a result of tree roots pushing up the 4X4' concrete slabs on my existing patio. I didn't want to go through breaking up the entire thing, so …

Laying Thin Pavers Over Concrete - YouTube

May 18, 2012· This is how to lay the thin pavers over concrete. Skip navigation ... Unsubscribe from Tuscan Paving Stone? Cancel ... How to pour a Concrete Driveway Addition For Beginners ...